Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Translator's Reference Translation

This is a product of SIL International and is being created by Matthew Carlton. The SIL International website doesn't have any e-mail contacts I could find. Anyone know how to contact them? I would like to find out if this project will include the Old Testament and what source texts are being used. Please let me know if you can help! The books are listed here as well as other places.

Update: Some one was kind enough to forward my question to Matthew Carlton who sent me a message concerning this translation. The Old Testament is due to be started soon. Luke is done and awaiting publishing. This work is intended for people from all backgrounds "so it provides users with text critical information from the UBS Greek text, the Majority Text and Textus Receptus." It is also being translated into other languages such as Spanish, Indonesian, probably French and several others. This sounds like a great tool for translators! Can't wait to get a copy (I think I'll purchase the volume on John).

No comments:

Post a Comment